Thursday, 13 May 2010
I am really pleased with how my animation turned out. I feel that it gets the point across well, and is aimed at any age as I think that everyone can appreciate the message which is being put across. I also chose to use a quote to show what the story is about, and then at the end I used Greenpeace again, as it would be used as part of an awareness campaign.
I made a tag to fit around the whale's tail which on one side said 'Greenpeace' and on the other 'Soft toy. Please look after me' I intended for this to be aimed to young children, but aswell as it being a toy it would make them more aware of the whaling issue. Also the comment 'Please look after me' has a double meaning as it could mean the toy but also whales in real life.
I chose to use this image as I feel that it was the most eye catching out of all of the ones I made, and I think that the text read better this way. I put the Greenpeace logo along the bottom as I intended for it to be used as part of an awareness campaign to do with the whaling ban.
Tuesday, 11 May 2010
Sunday, 9 May 2010
Saturday, 8 May 2010
Thursday, 6 May 2010
For my informative piece I plan to make some kind of campaign poster. So I've been looking at some facts about whaling.
- 31,984 have been killed by whaling since the IWC moratorium
- Japan has killed 8,201 minke whales in the Antarctic for “scientific purposes” since the moratorium in 1986
- In 2006/07 Iceland took 60 minke whales under special permit for "scientific whaling"
- Norway broke the moratorium in 1993 and resumed commercial whaling. Since then they have taken over 6,879 minke whales under objection
- It is still not known if some species will ever recover, even after decades of protection.
I have chosen to use the first quote, as it is talking about whaling in general and not one specific country, also I feel it's quite hard hitting.
Tuesday, 4 May 2010
Monday, 3 May 2010
I stumbled across the work of Johnny Kelly on ffffound and it's so good!! He has made some amazing animations mainly from paper which has spurred me on to think about my animation. After having success with my origami whale I am planning to make my stop animation using origami whales and all from card.