I'm Melissa Riley. I'm in my first year at Arts University College Bournemouth studying for a BA Hons in Illustration.
This blog is a mix of my own work, along with the work of others that inspires me or just things I like.

Thursday 13 May 2010

Final Illustrations

Commentable-

I am really pleased with how my animation turned out. I feel that it gets the point across well, and is aimed at any age as I think that everyone can appreciate the message which is being put across. I also chose to use a quote to show what the story is about, and then at the end I used Greenpeace again, as it would be used as part of an awareness campaign.

Decorative-

I made a tag to fit around the whale's tail which on one side said 'Greenpeace' and on the other 'Soft toy. Please look after me' I intended for this to be aimed to young children, but aswell as it being a toy it would make them more aware of the whaling issue. Also the comment 'Please look after me' has a double meaning as it could mean the toy but also whales in real life.

Informative-

I chose to use this image as I feel that it was the most eye catching out of all of the ones I made, and I think that the text read better this way. I put the Greenpeace logo along the bottom as I intended for it to be used as part of an awareness campaign to do with the whaling ban.

1 comment: