I'm Melissa Riley. I'm in my first year at Arts University College Bournemouth studying for a BA Hons in Illustration.
This blog is a mix of my own work, along with the work of others that inspires me or just things I like.

Wednesday 3 February 2010

Digital Imaging

This is the brief for my new Unit, Digital Imaging.

Welcome to the second decade of the 21st century! But, how will we remember the first one, often referred to as ‘The Noughties?’

Invariably, at the turning of a decade, the media is filled with a lot of retrospection about the developments and happenings over the past ten years, and recollections of seminal moments in time. In the UK, the 1960’s for example, were identified with the era of free love, women’s lib, the pill, the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, to name but a few occurrences. By comparison, the ‘70’s were typified by social unrest, three-day weeks and Glam Rock, whilst the ‘80’s epitamised an age of self-interest and greed. Conversely, the1990’s denoted a growing awareness and regard for the planet and green issues, but what of ‘The Noughties?’ How might the first decade of the 21st century be perceived?

Within the forthcoming week, you are required to undertake research and enquiry relating to the question,

‘What seminal advances, occurrences, and developments occurred in ‘The Noughties?’

Your enquiry should be explored world-wide relating to any of the following chosen areas, although it is suggested that you select one domain to focus on within the time-frame of the unit -

Political

Environmental

Medical

Scientific

Cultural

Technological

I've decided to look at the area of cultural as I feel that I will have most in common with this area and have more knowledge on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment