I'm Melissa Riley. I'm in my first year at Arts University College Bournemouth studying for a BA Hons in Illustration.
This blog is a mix of my own work, along with the work of others that inspires me or just things I like.

Saturday 20 March 2010

Completed

These are two of my final images.

I am really pleased with how the 'Buttered Popcorn' image turned out. I had drawn it out in coloured pencil first then scanned it into Photoshop. I really liked how it looked in coloured pencil as it wasn't as harsh as a black line which is what I usually use. I kept everything the same, I just added a block colour background. It worked better with a paler colour because then the drawings didn't get lost.


My original idea for the 'Stop!' image was to have fabric showing through the main cut out words, I thought this would be a good way of portraying The Supremes' glamorous side. Although when I scanned in pieces of fabric, such as silk, it didn't look as nice as I hoped. So instead I used sewing paper, although this didn't look as glamorous I hoped I thought it was quite a good alternative. For the main cut out words I slightly changed each one to what each one to make it more relevant. I'm quite pleased with how this image turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment