I'm Melissa Riley. I'm in my first year at Arts University College Bournemouth studying for a BA Hons in Illustration.
This blog is a mix of my own work, along with the work of others that inspires me or just things I like.

Monday 22 March 2010

Lovelight

I chose a line from a Supremes song that read 'When The Lovelight Starts Shining', and drew it out with a shadow line. I had decided before hand that I wanted to use a light to project this, because although the style of font was overly relevant, I felt that the fact I was using a light to project it fitted well to the title of the song. I scanned this into Photoshop and adjusted my lines to make them a darker black, and also filled in the shadows to make them bold. I photocopied it onto acetate and then used the OHP to project my text onto the wall. I am really pleased with the outcome and I like the fact that the light has a yellow tint to it.





No comments:

Post a Comment