I'm Melissa Riley. I'm in my first year at Arts University College Bournemouth studying for a BA Hons in Illustration.
This blog is a mix of my own work, along with the work of others that inspires me or just things I like.

Friday 12 March 2010

London Town Always Inspires Me

I've just got back from London. I went up there for a gig, but on Thursday my best friend and I spent the day wondering around Brick Lane. This is our favourite thing to do when we come to London. We visited the Rough Trade shop and got our photos done in a photo booth they have in store.


I am a bit of a magpie when it comes to leaflets and postcards and will pick up as many things as my hands will allow me to. While in Rough Trade I spied a brown envelope with a beautiful illustration on the cover. After further inspection I found that the artist was Jess Wilson. I have since looked on her website and she is just wonderful. A lot of her work is type based, which is perfect for this current project. Below is some of her work, including a picture of the very envelope which led me to find her. Which was a commission to go on the Entertainist's fortnightly packs.









No comments:

Post a Comment